Thursday, August 16, 2007

Harry, post mortem

WARNING! SPOILERS FOR HP7 IN THIS BLOG!

I called it. I called it when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ended. I said that Harry would have to die to save the world...the world being the wizarding world in this case. But, I did not think that Harry would come back to defeat Voldemort. That was pretty kool.

Second, I knew that Severus Snape was a good guy! Sucks that he died at the end, but he sure was a trooper. I really liked how JK wrote in all of the memories that Snape had, wrapping everything up real nice to end the books.

Third, I called out the fact that there was going to be a huge fight. Pretty much the Death Eaters vs. everyone else. And there sure was. The last battle was pretty long and spanned like 4 chapters or so.

The whole Deathly Hallows integration to the Harry Potter story was excellent. The Horcruxes and the twist at the end was excellent. Dumbledore not being as virtuous as we thought he was was excellent. Hermione and Ron getting together was kind of a given...but the playful flirting during the book gave some comic relief. The fact that so many important characters in the book died, was really excellent.

I could have however, done without the 19 years later. That was ehhh. I'm sure that that was JK's way of giving closure to everything.

I wonder what JK will include in her next book. I heard that it was going to be like a Hogwarts History book...maybe like Hogwarts: A History, by Bathilda Bagwald.

No comments: