Monday, October 27, 2008

One of those guys

I've officially become one of those guys this week. You know when you're making a right turn into a parking lot or at a cross section, and you see the biker on your right side, who you kind of have to wait for before you make the turn, and it frustrates you because even though they're going pretty fast, they're actually going kind of slow in relation to your car. I have become that biker.

Today was my first day biking to work. I live a shade under 7 miles away and it took about 34 minutes on side streets to get here. There were a couple of interesting things on the way in...

  • I definitely need to get a helmet. I think karma is going to get me back big time after almost hitting two pedestrians (one biker, one skater) last week
  • I was inches away from road kill
  • On Riverside, in between the Studio Lot and Sonora/Victory, it smells like horse shit because everyone there owns a horse and it's right next to the Equestrian Center
  • This could be pretty scary riding back after work in the dark

No comments: