Tuesday, November 4, 2008

We're part of history!

I remember when I was in grade school, I would read things like the attack on Pearl Harbor and how we'll remember it as the day of infamy. The women's suffrage movement that allowed them to vote. And even towards the latter part of our history books, the Vietnam War.

It's nuts how within the last decade, we've experienced things that will definitely make it into history books and that kids will ask us what we were doing when these things happened. We'll be able to look back and say where we were when 9/11 happened, when gay marriage became legal, and most notably, when the United States elected its first President of color.

It's awesome how we are a part of history.

On a side note, a lot of the things that we thought we would have in the future are coming up today. Will.I.Am was being interviewed via hologram on CNN tonight. And it looked just like what we envisioned in Star Wars when the Jedi's or the Sith Lord would communicate to someone else via hologram. These are really exciting times.

On a side side note. I came to the conclusion that helmets are not the most flattering accessory.


1 comment:

Tanner said...

On a side side side note, it makes me proud beyond belief that one day I can tell my grandchildren that I was in fact there to eat sisig and kare kare alongside Mark Gabriel at Arko Foods before the department of health shut that sucker down. When's the next Arko trip?? Gutom ako!!