Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mr. Sandman

Growing up in a Filipino household, I've always been proud to practice cultural pluralism, as opposed to assimilation. One example is that there have been words in Tagalog that I know how to say, that I don't know how to translate into English. It wasn't until high school that I was able to identify singaw (sing-ow), as a canker sore.

Another word that I still haven't been able to nail down is muta (moo-ta). In English the closest thing to it would be eye boogies. I asked Staggs what the proper English word for it was, and she didn't have a concrete answer, but told me that it is what's left when the Sandman pays you a visit at night. Normally, the Sandman brings you good dreams by sprinkling sand in your eyes, but she brought it a step further, implying that the Sandman was a jerkn and the eye boogies are the result of the Sandman pooping on your face.

So without further adieu, we are adding that to our list of entries of awesome names for gross sexual acts. When you give someone "The Sandman", you drop a deuce on their eyes.

Lastly, below are a few more infamous Sandmen...





No comments: